Welcome to the home page of NiftyRec Open Source Tomography Toolbox.
NiftyRec provides reconstruction tools for emission and transmission computed tomography, supporting a wide range of modalities:
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) – with resolution modelling
- Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) – with depth-dependent resolution modelling
- X-Ray Computed Tomography and Tomosynthesis – cone-beam, fan-beam, helical cone-beam geometries
- Synchrotron X-Ray Tomography – parallel beam geometry
- Neutron Tomography – parallel beam geometry
- Optical Projection Tomography – parallel beam geometry
NiftyRec is the fastest tomographic reconstruction software out there! Projection, back-projection and core iterative reconstruction routines are highly optimised. Computationally intensive tasks are GPU accelarated, achieving unprecedented performance. Fully 3-dimensional OSEM SPECT and PET iterative reconstructions can be obtained within a few seconds.
Easy to use:
The Matlab and Python interfaces of NiftyRec are intended to enable fast prototyping and development of reconstruction algorithms. The Matlab and Python interfaces include simple demos of standard iterative reconstruction algorithms such as Maximum Likelihood Expectation Maximisation (MLEM), Ordered Subsets Expectation Maximisation (OSEM) and One Step Late Maximum A Posteriori Expectation Maximisation (OSL-MAPEM), applied to PET, SPECT, cone-beam X-Ray CT and parallel-beam X-Ray CT. Other imaging modalities and reconstruction algorithms can be easily implemented with a few lines of Matlab and Python.
NiftyRec was initially developed at the Centre for Medical Image Computing, University College London during the period 2009-2012 and is currently being developed at the Laboratory of Computational Neuroscience, MGH / Harvard University.Follow @niftyrec